+ В закладки
Insert the verbs in the Past Perfect tense.
1. Jill was afraid she had forgotten her key at home, but she found it in her handbag.
2. Dad wasn’t at home when I came back. He had gone out twenty minutes before.
3. I wasn’t hungry because I had just had breakfast.
4. Peter saw an urgent message on his table. Somebody had left it the day before.
5. I apologized I had not phoned her.
6. He told me that he had come back a fortnight before.
7. I knew him at once though I had met him many years before.
8. We spent the night in Klin, a town we had often heard but had never seen.
9. They couldn’t believe he had given up his job in the bank. He had made a good living there.
10. Mr. Jackson said that he had already bought everything for lunch.
11. Alice asked her brother where he had arranged to meet his friends.
12. We had no car at that time because we had sold our old one.
13. They had finished painting the ceiling by two o’clock.
Оценка: 0.0 (голосов: 0)